The Langford-Kingston home was originally constructed
in 1919 by Mr. Walter Langford, a prominent figure in our area in
the banking and railroad industries. Mr Langford died one year later.
The house was then sold in 1925 to the inventor of the Kingston carburetor,
Mr. George Kingston. It remained with the Kingston family until it
was sold to the First United Methodist Church in 1953. The church
stopped using it for services in 1991, but continued to operate a
day care there until 1996. In 2001 the church donated the home to
the city of Fort Myers. The house was moved in May of 2003, to a
lot across the street from the Burroughs Home, another historically
preserved building in Downtown Fort Myers.
This 5,232 square foot, red brick home is a rare form of architecture
in Southwest Florida. With its large front porch with massive supports,
front stoop, and grand staircase, this Chicago Bungalow Style Home
features architectural attributes commonly observed in the works
of Frank Lloyd Wright.